There is a wedding in the family this 28th. The younger generation plan a lot to make the function fabulous. They select the type and colour of the saris they are going to wear and the kurtas or shirts the men are going to wear. Just yesterday my son was told that the men are going to wear kurtas, a lighter shade of orange, from Fabindia.
Fabindia is an Indian chain store. Fabrics and ethnic products hand made by craftspersons and artisans are sold in these shops. These stores are found in different parts of the country and are very popular.
I have never bought anything from Fabindia because I think the dresses are quite costly. Another reason, I like to stitch my own clothes. There is something so satisfying while stitching and also when I finish the dress. I used to stitch for my son when he was small but I continued stitching for my daughter. All the frocks that I stitched gave me great joy. Recently I stitched some dresses for my grandchildren. But now it is mainly for myself. When we create something there is a feeling of satisfaction that is wonderful, a fabulous feeling.
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!