Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “lip.” Use it as a word, or find a word with “lip” in it. As always, use any way you’d like. Enjoy!
We live in coastal Karnataka which is in South India. We have only two seasons, summer and monsoon. At present the weather is very hot and we are waiting for the rains which will start only in June. In spite of the heat we have different types of flowers here. Most people prefer to grow hibiscus plants which have flowers of different colours. Moreover, these plants do not need much water. But tulips don’t grow here. They do, in the colder places of North India. They look so beautiful but I have not really seen them. Our daughter and family live in Germany. There winter is over and spring has started. Near our grandson’s kindergarten there is an old manor with beautiful park around it. Now tulips are blooming and our daughter sends photos. They look so beautiful.
I was in Germany from November 2017 to January 2018. Our granddaughter was born on November 10th. I went to help my daughter and family. I enjoyed the winter there and experienced snowfall for the first time in my life. The whole place looked magical. I love watching the snowflakes falling. Every afternoon I would go for a walk exploring the small town. It used to become dark by five. I used to leave at two, warmly clad, and return by three. When there was snowfall my grandson and I enjoyed playing in it. I remember I used to walk very carefully on snow because I did not want to slip and fall. I will always remember those days in Germany with my grandson and our new born granddaughter. More than a year has passed but memories of those days are still fresh. It was a new experience for me.
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!