Your Friday prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is “rib.” Use it as a word, or find a word with “rib”in it. As always, use any way you’d like. Enjoy!
The word rib immediately brought to mind the word crib. Our daughter’s friend gave her a crib that she had been using for her son. He had outgrown it. This was in October 2017. Our granddaughter was born on November 10th that year. I was there for two and half months to help my daughter. But in those early days we did not use the crib for the baby at night. My daughter found it difficult to pick the baby from the crib to feed her. I returned home on January 18th 2018. The crib was used only during day time. As months passed our granddaughter, her name is Kavya, did not like being left in the crib. She used to sleep there in the mornings. But the moment she woke up she would cry out to her mother. Now I think the crib is in the cellar.
Our grandson was born in our place. Here I have not seen people using cribs. We usually use cradles. For our grandson I had asked my mother to get the cradle in which my brother and I had slept those long ago days. I am not very sure from which metal it is made. We had fixed the cradle to a stand. I think our grandson enjoyed sleeping in it and we loved gazing at him while he slept.
Years have passed, he will be six in July and our granddaughter will soon be one and half. Watching them grow is a joy.
Here are the rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing (typos can be fixed), and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. I will post the prompt here on my blog every Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The,’” or will simply be a single word to get you started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read all of them! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later or go to the previous week by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!